Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kari was Right; Jill was Wrong

Does anyone besides me (Jill) have design angst? I am in the process of redecorating my living room, with copious amounts of help, direction and hand-holding from my very talented sister. The color scheme is a light blue, a light green, and orange. We came up with this color direction after a very successful trip to Home Goods, where we happened upon three ginger jars in the perfect hues.


Kari then suggested this fabric for the curtains:


And although I really, really loved it, I was scared. Freaked out. Indecisive. I hung the swatch up over my existing beige curtains, where it hung for a good eight months. Why? I couldn’t visualize it. That much fabric, (eight, eight-foot panels) in my relatively small space? What would that look like? And although what these curtains cost wouldn’t even be a blip on the radar for someone being featured in ElleDecor, to me, this is an investment. I have one chance to get it right, and I have to LOVE them, for a long time. Then I saw this post on 6thStreetDesignSchool:



Somebody had taken the plunge before me. And it looked incredible. Not at all overpowering or too trendy like I had feared. Suddenly, I had to have these curtains that Kari had been promoting. So, I called the seamstress from PlushStudio on Etsy, and she is going to get to work on making lined, chevron curtains for me.


Another thing my lovely sister was right about? This fabric:


Chiang Mai Dragon in Aquamarine. It was too….scary, for lack of a better term, when she first suggested it would be perfect in the room. But now I am obsessed with it. I need some Chiang Mai Dragon in my life! Now that I have started to take the plunge on this space, I cannot wait for all the components to arrive on my doorstep. I am really excited about how the room is coming together.


So Kari, this is my official, public apology for doubting: You were Right. I was Wrong.


(Chiang Mai Dragon Photo from WillaSkyeHome on etsy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment