Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chandeliers on the Brain

The other day, one of our favorite blogs, Little Green Notebook, posted on a fabulous DIY chandelier project. Reading the post renewed my (Kari's) enthusiasm for making my own chandelier. You see, for about a year and a half, I have had an entire box of these glass "bubbles" from CB2. The intention was to make my own chandelier for a nook in our master bathroom where our freestanding tub sits. The ceiling there needs a little something, but I've put off making the bubble chandelier because I have had more pressing projects in the past year (like full-time school, starting and growing a business, traveling with my husband, etc.) Now, though, I am excited to start and finish a chandelier---but I want to put my own spin on the project. Here are some photos of DIY projects that are inspiring me today:

Photobucket
From Apartment Therapy, the same bubble chandelier project as mentioned on Little Green Notebook. (Click on any of the links to get to the instructions).

Photobucket
This amazing "Frou Frou Chandelier." I really love the volume of this one---lots and lots and lots of bubbles! Check it out here.

Photobucket
Lindsey Adelman is a lighting genius, in my opinion. I love her work. The photo above is probably one of my favorites by Ms. Adelman. Lucky for us, though, there are DIY instructions for the light fixture below---check it out here:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment