Monday, June 6, 2011

The birth of a great collection!

Elegance with functionality would seem to be Brabantia's motto.

Everyone (except my husband that is) associates the privately owned Dutch company with designing high quality bins and storage containers! Now if you are looking for a range of good quality home products from storage to casual dining you need look no further.

The company was founded in 1919 in Aals, the Netherlands, under the name van Elderen & Co. The name Brabantia comes from a region in the very south of Holland - Brabant - and was an early van Elderen trade name. That I am sure you didn't know.

They have an established presence in the kitchen especially with food preparation, so it was a logical and progressive move to go into casual dining with the Get Together tabletop collection. But where others failed they have succeeded in coming up with a contemporary, functional, stylish and trendy collection. Brace yourself because today I have a special treat for you so let's "Get Together"...!

Being of a Latin culture the act of sharing a meal with family and friends is ingrained in my DNA; the food I serve is extremely important but so is the ambience I create around the table and the Get Together range allows me to strike a balance between the informal and formal.


 








The Get Together range is hip and fashionable including porcelain, cutlery, textiles and accessories featuring three colourways; white, grey and purple. What I also love about it is that Brabantia introduced a a variety of materials - porcelain, stainless steel, wood, textiles and silicon making it very visually attractive and tactile.




Yes I am taken by the whole collection; I especially like the quality of the coloured silicon heat resistant pan coasters, those sweet egg cups and the wooden party plates with the dip servers. Plus the weight of the stainless steel salt or pepper mills and crushers, napkin rings and candle holders also but not only exude quality and feel it, so if you like me want good quality products in your home then this is just the thing for you.















You have 56 pieces of porcelain to select from and in a choice of sizes and colours; from cappuccino cups to tea mugs and breakfast bowls to dinner plates, to name but a few. Prices start from £1.95 for a white Dip Server, now that is a great price. And you also have the textiles selection witch include napkins, tablecloths, oven gloves, etc.





















I like how the undersides of the plates come in white, grey or purple allowing you to use one colur scheme or just mix it up; you will have great fun "mixing and matching" the colours, shapes and materials. Indeed I know I am quite excited about the Get Together collection and yes I have my eyes on a few things already...and so will you once you see them.




Yet they have not neglected their heritage and cleverly allow you to choose the colour of your bin (ColourYourBin) from more than 20 official RAL colours to introduce individuality into your kitchen.







 







I have teamed up with Brabantia to run a truly global competition for readers of my blog. Am happy to say that worlwide bloggers are joining me and therefore giving their readers the opportunity to win this lovely prize. A gift pack will be awarded by the judging panel to the two most original responses to this statement:


"When I look at the Get Together collection....."

To enter please complete the statement by writting in the comments box at the end of this post. Competition is open to readers worldwide. Comments/entries will close at 11:59pm GMT on Thursday June 30th, 2011.

The winners pack will include:
Breakfast Bowl, White
Breakfast Bowl, Grey
Oven Dish, Large, Grey
Tea Towel, Purple
Oven Glove, Purple
Party Plate, Dipservers, Wood
Dipservers, White
Egg Cup with Dish, 2 Pieces
Salad Bowl, Purple
Salad Servers, Stainless Steel

I know this superb colletion will be an absolute success so what are you waiting for? Get down the shops or go online and start ordering now.


Pictures via Brabantia.

No comments:

Post a Comment