Friday, July 24, 2009

Notre Dame & Sainte Chapelle

I felt so very privileged to get to take in these churches on Wednesday. I have visited both Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle before, but this time it was to sit and stay awhile, studying and drawing the interiors.  What a wonderful way to spend a few hours!  Not only are these churches stunning, but they are rich with history and they are still reverent places of worship (despite the occasional tourist who has to be hushed).  I didn't take tons of photos because (a) I spent most of my time drawing for class, and (b) I often am bad about taking out my camera (hence lots of lame iPhone photos on this blog).  Here are a few of the photos I did take, however.  I thought a little taste of beautiful church art might be appreciated by you!  :)
Happy Friday!
---Kari
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment