Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The $5.00 Chair

Both of us girls have a strange chair fixation. We love chairs. LOVE them. And it's hard to ignore a chair that has promise...
I (Kari) was walking through my local consignment shop and I spotted this cafe chair sans seat. It was being sold for pennies and I knew the next stop for the little fella would be the scrap pile. Is it lame if I admit that the thought of a cute little bentwood cafe chair being trashed tore at my heart a little? I mean, come on...the potential! So, he came home with me.
Photobucket

A little elbow grease is all it took...
I re-screwed and re-glued the chair to give it back some of the sturdiness of its youth. Then, a little sanding, a couple coats of gray spray paint, a new seat cut out of a lumber scrap and upholstered with a remnant of fabric...and voila! A new chair that I think will look quite cute tucked in a corner in my office. And the whole project cost around $5.00 since I used stuff I already had laying around. Now I'm feeling inspired to go and hunt down a whole bunch of bentwood chairs for my dining room table...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment